Advanced search

Word or Photoshop to superimpose text on photo?

(5 Posts)
FeelingEvil Tue 01-Jul-08 12:25:02

Volunteered to design flyers for fundraising event.
Wanted to super text over photo of nursery - can this be done with word? or will I have to open up photoshop?
Haven't used photoshop for years, which is why I'm wondering if Word is an option.

Thanks smile

FAQ Tue 01-Jul-08 12:30:33

yes can be done with word, you need to select the photo and place "behind text" (under format picture)

FeelingEvil Tue 01-Jul-08 13:08:13

Thanks FAQ.
since posting, I've started with Photoshop and it's all coming back to me now and getting addicted to do it.
any idea how to create a drop shadow on the text?

nannynick Wed 02-Jul-08 19:45:17

If it is something quite simplistic, then you can do it on-line... so possible for anyone without Word or Photoshop etc.


deste Wed 09-Jul-08 23:10:46

If you want a drop shaddow, select the text with the magic wand. Duplicate the layer, Make one layer black, deselect and then add gaussian blur, make sure the blur goes behind the finished text

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now