How do i find my old posts on mumsnet?

(7 Posts)
vannah Mon 10-Mar-08 14:03:57

There are some posts I need to re-read but cant for the life of me remember the titles,

what do I need to do? 'Threads I started' just takes me to recent ones...
thankyou

thestands Mon 10-Mar-08 18:24:02

Go on to search messaages, and under find message by (nickname) type in vannah. A list of your posts should come up.

WigWamBam Mon 10-Mar-08 18:31:10

Restrict your search a bit though - put some keywords in that you might have used in your posts. You get 500 posts come up otherwise ... and not only is that a lot to trawl through, the thread you want may not be one of the ones which comes up.

fryalot Mon 10-Mar-08 18:32:57

you can choose the subject as well, so if you know that one of the posts you want to look at is in, say, relationships, then you can tell it to search that subject.

Of course everything I ever want to look for is in "chat" and it's the subject that I nearly always post in, so this doesn't help me, but it may help you....

vannah Tue 11-Mar-08 22:11:06

ok thanks all...

rouxlebandit Thu 16-Jul-15 09:48:54

"Go on to search messaages, and under find message by (nickname) type in vannah. A list of your posts should come up."

Where is 'search messages'?

prh47bridge Thu 16-Jul-15 20:53:38

It is now called Advanced Search and is a button near the top of the page on the right hand side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now