Talk

Advanced search

Can someone tell me how to add a link into a message

(10 Posts)
nametaken Fri 08-Feb-08 16:36:02

Sorry if its been asked a zillion times before but how do you all put those links in.

Say for example if I wanted to show you an article from the Times Online HERE how would I do it.

Whizzz Fri 08-Feb-08 16:37:16

See the note to the side of the box -->

Links The simplest way to insert a link is to enter the link itself, surrounded by [[ and ]]. So if you type www.mumsnet.com, the link will display as http://www.mumsnet.com. If you want your link to display text other than the web address itself, leave a space after the address then add the text before the ]]. So "Look at this page", would display "Look at this page".

bobsmum Fri 08-Feb-08 16:37:23

Instructions are right next to the message box under the list of smileys - we're not that clever really grin

nametaken Fri 08-Feb-08 16:41:15

Oops didn't see that blush

I'll give it a whirl

www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=513023&in_page_id=1770

can you let me know if it works your end.

nametaken Fri 08-Feb-08 16:43:53

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!

ignore the article by the way I'm just using it as an example.

have I done this right

Can someone check?

nametaken Fri 08-Feb-08 16:45:09

I am definately on a roll now. Does it work the same If I want to post a moving image, such as a youtube clip?

nametaken Fri 08-Feb-08 17:04:03

just wanted to share this with you

Jeff Buckley

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 08-Feb-08 17:10:43

Gosh, you said not to read the article, but hell, I'm norty

£18'000 for a bottle of wine?
I think he probably regretted it as soon as he'd ordered and made all the fuss to get out of paying for it
grin

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 08-Feb-08 17:13:27

reminds me of this

and lol at the last sentence

Jaz250991 Fri 12-Oct-12 12:39:15

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now