Talk

Advanced search

How to unlock sonyericsson mobile so it can be used on any network..........can you do it for FREE....???

(15 Posts)
RTKangaSANTAMummy Thu 06-Dec-07 16:08:40

Please

on VODAPHONE and on 02 but want them to be free of any of them so different SIM cards can be used

Thanks

smile

ChopsterRoastingOnAnOpenFire Thu 06-Dec-07 16:36:12

I think with vodaphone, theirs is code based - you need an unlocking code, which can be bought really cheaply off the net. I'd be a bit wary of free ones tbh.

O2 phones usually are sold unlocked, I'd be surprised if that was locked.

RTKangaSANTAMummy Thu 06-Dec-07 17:13:25

Thanks smile

Mine is an 02 one but it is locked

it is several years old

DH has just got a VODAPHONE one that is locked and the only codes I can find are for NOKIA and his is SONY ERICSSON W200i phone

Any more ideas please

smile

RTKangaSANTAMummy Fri 07-Dec-07 09:37:06

smile

ChristmasShinySnowflakes Fri 07-Dec-07 09:39:25

Have you looked on Ebay for unblocking codes?

They had them last time I looked, which was a while ago I'll admit....

RTKangaSANTAMummy Fri 07-Dec-07 09:40:23

no I haven't BUT I am an ebay virgin

ChristmasShinySnowflakes Fri 07-Dec-07 09:50:27

Try looking at some of these for starters...but check their feedback- option for that is on the right hand side of each listing

search.ebay.co.uk/sony-ericsson-unlocking-code_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQpqryZsonyQ20ericssonQ20unb lockingQ20code

SquonkaClaus Fri 07-Dec-07 09:53:24

Also, if there is a market near you, they usually have a stall with a rather dodgy looking man in a scarf who will unlock them for a fiver.

RTKangaSANTAMummy Fri 07-Dec-07 16:51:32

Thanks

perhaps I can get to the market next week

I am too scared of ebay blush

In canada they don't have SIM cards so that site is weird

Hulababy Fri 07-Dec-07 16:53:05

You need a code, but when I needed to do it I couldn't find a free way of getting hold of it. I took mine to the local market and they did it for £5 I think.

RTKangaSANTAMummy Fri 07-Dec-07 16:56:06

Did that mean your phone could take any SIM card?

Was it a SONYERICSSON or a NOKIA or something else

paviya Fri 23-Nov-12 07:04:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

NetworkGuy Fri 23-Nov-12 19:24:35

It's worth mentioning the model numbers of any phone you want unlocked as more modern phones are sometimes far more complicated to get unlocked.

In my (albeit, limited,) experience, most places ask for a tenner minimum for unlocking (though there was a place in Wrexham charging 6 quid for some phones, around a year or 18 months ago).

amicissimma Fri 23-Nov-12 21:52:08

Before you try the complicated stuff, try calling the network provider.

I've done this with both Tesco and O2 and they've given me a code to put in. Neither charged, but I believe Tesco might nowadays.

NetworkGuy Fri 23-Nov-12 22:52:12

Sometimes the charge depends on how long you've been with them (longer=better, as you've probably spent more in top-up fees or contract payments, so more likely to be free to issue unlock code).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now