Talk

Advanced search

MSN question....how do I politely delete someone from my msn contact list?

(7 Posts)
DCsnatchsunhill Mon 01-Oct-07 13:00:42

I've been contacted and had a few chats with some friends on MSN that I haven't seen in years. However, we've said all there is to say and it feels a bit creepy to see them pinging up on my computer all of the time.
If I block / delete their contact details will they know that i have done it, or will they just see me as being off-line all the time?
I know most people just leave all of their contacts on all of the time, but it makes me feel a bit weird IYKWIM....

Lorayn Mon 01-Oct-07 13:07:43

If you delete them and they have msn plus they will be able to see you no longer have them in your contact list. If you block them you will just appear offline and they cannot find out. If you delete but dont block they can still talk to you.

DCsnatchsunhill Mon 01-Oct-07 13:11:06

So they deffo don't realise that they're blocked???
I feel funny about doing this, and a tad ungrateful, but it gets to a point where there's nothing further to say...

DCsnatchsunhill Mon 01-Oct-07 13:11:48

Thanks Lorayn

Lorayn Mon 01-Oct-07 13:15:53

sometimes it has to be done, you can always unblock them when you're really bored wink

But no, they can only tell if they are deleted, not blocked.

DCsnatchsunhill Mon 01-Oct-07 13:18:19

Never knew about that unblocking malarky -didn't realise you could do that!
Thanks Lorayn, am off to do it now smile

Lorayn Mon 01-Oct-07 13:32:10

Yh, you can block and unblock as much as you want, it's good for if you want to be unavailable to certain people yet talk to others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now