Talk

Advanced search

Web Developers: CSS working in Firefox but fails in IE7

(11 Posts)
nannynick Fri 14-Sep-07 19:27:42

Anyone able to help with getting CSS to work in IE7. Top Right Menu not displaying correctly. Code is here (HTML and CSS currently all in same file)

nannynick Sun 16-Sep-07 17:12:27

Fixed it... by using a lot of DIV's.

Anyone use Safari? If so please do take a look and let me know if the menus / layout look odd in any way.

littlelapin Sun 16-Sep-07 17:40:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

uberalice Sun 16-Sep-07 17:47:06

Problem I find with IE is that it's too forgiving of html errors, so it lulls you into a false sense of security.

littlelapin Sun 16-Sep-07 17:55:31

littlelapin Sun 16-Sep-07 18:01:18

nannynick Sun 16-Sep-07 18:53:36

Can't take credit for the design, that was done by a mumsnetter who does design for a living. I'm just going the coding, as I didn't want it to be lots of small images in big nested tables!

See what you mean regarding the white text when resizing... will have to experiment a bit. At least now that it is mostly all in CSS rather than images, I can play with colours to my hearts content grin

littlelapin Sun 16-Sep-07 20:06:04

nannynick Sun 16-Sep-07 21:12:29

I'm sure it will be better once you get rid of that table grin, won't an unordered list (or two) do what you want?

Personally I don't like scroll areas within pages, but it's just my personal opinion - others may like it like that.

GeekBoy Thu 20-Sep-07 17:09:04

yep, kill the table little rabbit.. ..a couple of divs, the first one using float:left will give you the same effect with less markup.. ...every little helps...

GeekBoy Thu 20-Sep-07 17:10:42

Nick, the test page looks fine in Safari 2, IE6/7 Firefox 1.5/2.0.. ...nice work.. ...agree with others about the white text.. .it's also a little hard to read in such a bold font.. ...loving that people are finally dropping tables in favour of css

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now