Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So..can I be tracked if I post on someone's blog?

(10 Posts)
Sixofone Wed 05-Sep-07 13:37:14

Say, hypothetically, I wanted to post on someone's blog but didn't want them to know it was me. Not to post abuse I hasten to add, but just to correct them on a matter that I know more about than them and that they have misquoted me on, but I don't want them to know it's me doing it.

If that makes any sense at all!

If I used my computer, could they?

Or do I have to go up the internet cafe?

littlelapin Wed 05-Sep-07 13:38:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sixofone Wed 05-Sep-07 13:44:17

Oh good grin thanks LL - I have just spent half an hour thinking up a fake name for a hotmail account too. I am almost embarrassed of myself, wish I could let it lie but I can't! shock

morningpaper Wed 05-Sep-07 13:46:55

It depends how your computer is set up, and how they collect webstats

It is worth assuming that it will possibly be traced back to you

Sixofone Wed 05-Sep-07 15:09:21

Oh Arse. I have just posted said semi-slaggathon. Oh well, will just have to assume that said person does not know how to find me. I'll start the car just in case! grin

Carmenere Wed 05-Sep-07 15:10:30

I'm intrigued Sixone, is this a work-related slur on your rep?

Sixofone Wed 05-Sep-07 19:49:27

Yes, I have been quoted on said blog as saying something I didn't say at all. I've set the record straight now by cunningly pretending to be someone I'm not who just so happens to back me up! wink

A bit transparent, maybe? Although I have left it just long enough so that the link between me and blog comment is not the first one that would pop into your head.

(I have thought this through)

Kaloo20 Sat 08-Sep-07 00:32:43

Whats the blog url and we can all go and back you up

Sixofone Thu 13-Sep-07 13:22:10

Heh. Suprisingly, said person has printed my entire mini-rant without editing it. Does this mean they agree with me?

I WIN grin

Sixofone Thu 13-Sep-07 13:22:39

Thanks Kaloo though but I wouldn't want you to get into trouble grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now