Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP! How do you print a pdf file when it's on an email attachment?

(6 Posts)
Elf Wed 05-Sep-07 11:02:22

Hi, I have an apple mac computer. I have tiscali email.

Someone has emailed me and sent an attachment which is a pdf file. I REALLY need to print it. When I have the email up there is a print icon, when I bring up the attachment, the print icon disappears.

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!
thank you. ,,,,,,.................

CatIsSleepy Wed 05-Sep-07 11:06:28

can you drag the pdf file onto the desk top and open up on there instead, then print?

Elf Wed 05-Sep-07 11:36:25

Thanks, I'LL TRY, but I'm new to this apple mac.

Elf Wed 05-Sep-07 11:39:16

Cat is sleepy, I just tried it and got the file onto the desktop but when I double clicked on the icon, a thing came up saying it could not be opened because th efile was damaged.

I have viewed the document from the email before.

Any other thoughts? thank you

CatIsSleepy Wed 05-Sep-07 11:46:36

Elf, sorry I don't know what else to suggest- sounds like there is something wrong with the file then...

bumping in case anyone else has any bright ideas!

imagineafullnightsleep Wed 12-Sep-07 15:34:49

If you can view from the e.mail, then view it, then press the "Print Screen" button (usually located near teh Scroll Lock button_, and then paste it onto a word (or similar) document. This is a bit of a pain (and fingers crossed your document isn't too long) but it should help you out for now. (More a means to an end as apposed to a technique to be applied ongoing!) Hope it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now