Talk

Advanced search

Help! My iPod is buggered.

(10 Posts)
missgriss Sun 29-Jul-07 17:57:27

I was listening to my iPod earlier on and had it on shuffle mode. I was flicking through the tracks as you do when it froze up on me. It has been lit up for the past 2 1/2 hours and I can't get it it to do anything.

It is 3 1/2 years old (I got it from dh for my 21st). Do you think this is the end of the road for it? I have 2500 songs on it and don't have the money at the moment to buy a new one

I love my iPod <sob>

foxinsocks Sun 29-Jul-07 18:01:13

have you gone through all the steps on the ipod website (on apple, ipod, support)?

there are lots of things to try - there may well be life in it yet!

NotQuiteCockney Sun 29-Jul-07 18:02:19

Press the middle button and the top button to reset it. This happens sometimes.

NotQuiteCockney Sun 29-Jul-07 18:02:35

Actually, depending on what model it is, the reset method may vary - I'd look online to find out how to reboot it.

missgriss Sun 29-Jul-07 18:04:19

Thanks, I'm just going to try that now. Fingers crossed it helps

missgriss Sun 29-Jul-07 18:09:38

I'm pressing the menu and play button (my iPod is apparantly geriatric) and nothing is happening.

Shit Shit Shit

LadySnotAlot Sun 29-Jul-07 18:10:17

My DH's used to do that alot . Reset should sort it. Eventually we thought his had died altogether. We took it to the apple shop in London and they said take it apart and get the dust out of it! (So we did) been fine ever since!

LadySnotAlot Sun 29-Jul-07 18:11:05

Is it coming up with any error messages or just a totally blank screen? The apple ipod help centre on their website is fantastic.

missgriss Sun 29-Jul-07 18:11:40

I take it back, it worked!

All is good again in the world

Thanks

missgriss Sun 29-Jul-07 18:13:52

I didn't realise you could reset it, it's the first time this has ever happened to mine.

At least there is still life in the old dog yet

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: