Talk

Advanced search

why do the sites im on keep getting hijacked??

(8 Posts)
stoppinattwo Sun 29-Jul-07 11:32:50

when im on mumsnet it keeps going to a poker site or WWF last time!!!

Its like someone else is controlling my machine!!!

I have AVG antivirus and PC tool spyware which run checks daily with nothing suspicious highlighted..................my PC just isnt itself atm, any suggetions

Trinityrhino Sun 29-Jul-07 11:39:27

I'm sorry I don't know what you could do but...........bump

Pixiefish Sun 29-Jul-07 11:42:56

I think you have spybots or something like that.

You need to run your antivirus

Then you need to download something like ad-aware (google free ad-aware) and run that and then you need to do the smae wioth spybot. Download the 2 above, make sure your antivirus is up to date and then run them. Personally I'd run them a couple of times to make sure you're clean.

If you don'5t hae an anti virus then go find a free copy of AVG anti virus and download and then run that

Pixiefish Sun 29-Jul-07 11:43:59

did't see that you have avg anyway.

They do sound like spybots so I would get Spybot searcha nd destroy and also adaware and run both of these progs

stoppinattwo Sun 29-Jul-07 12:16:03

thanks pixie XX

stoppinattwo Sun 29-Jul-07 12:38:33

fecking hell. got spybot 343 infections it found!!

Thanks Pixie i owe you

Pixiefish Sun 29-Jul-07 13:47:03

dh is a computer geek and I only know cos I've seen so many infected pc's. The spybot's attach themselves to words so when you click on that word it opens a link to another site.

I personally run those three progs every week or so- but do rememebr to update them regularly.

Glad to help xx

elesbells Sun 29-Jul-07 13:51:47

the poker site sounds like a pop up. i used to get it. is it party poker or something like that?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: