Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HELP!HELP!HELP! Am under attack!!!!

(4 Posts)
Callmemadam Tue 17-Jul-07 20:59:02

I have a computer running windows xp with Norton fully loaded and updated via liveupdate. Last week I had to replace my wireless modem router (may not be connected to problem) and for the last week I have been bombarded with emails with dodgy attachments - obviously virus laden - from every source imaginable. Am getting around 5-10 a day fgs!!! Never used to get any! Any top tips on what I can do to stop them/what I need to renew or check? I block the sender each time but it is getting tedious. Advice very gratefully appreciated

mummylin2495 Tue 17-Jul-07 21:12:06

install this

this may help

Callmemadam Tue 17-Jul-07 22:52:55

Thank you so so much - have just installed it so here's hoping! Can't understand why it has become a problem out of the blue - I suppose something, somewhere has leaked my email....anyway, thanks again

mummylin2495 Tue 17-Jul-07 22:59:05

i hope it works you can always install ad -aware too [free] that may help as well, good luck comps are fine when working properly but when things go wrong !!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now