Talk

Advanced search

HTF does one email Amazon?! Please help or else I will not get my long awaited HarryPotter book on Saturday!!

(13 Posts)
ShinyHarryPplHoldingPortkeys Mon 16-Jul-07 21:59:44

They keep sending emails saying there is a "problem" with my card.. the "problem" is that I ordered the Deathly Hallows so long ago that it was my old card.. but you can't reply to the email.. and when I try to edit my card it says the site is experiencing a problem and I should "try again in a few minutes". (Have been trying days! )

I can't find anywhere to email them even when I go onto the Help pages!

Help! Please! This is a Potter fan's nightmare!!

popmum Mon 16-Jul-07 22:35:04

is it worth placing a new order with your new card?
i wouldn't cancel the old one though because it may cause other problems?

daizydoo Mon 16-Jul-07 22:48:51

Go to the Help pages and down the left hand side, under 'Manage Account' is 'Change Payment Method'. Click on that and scroll down the page and on the rigth hand side of the page is a button for contacting them! Hope this is slightly clearer than mud!!

bookwormtailmum Mon 16-Jul-07 23:01:20

Try clearing your pc cache of old internet pages and trying again - you may have an old Amazon page 'locked' onto your pc.

barbamama Mon 16-Jul-07 23:02:35

This exact thing happenned to me - I just logged into my account, called up theorder and clicked the edit order button which allows you to chnage payment method - then enter new card details.

barbamama Mon 16-Jul-07 23:04:00

before doing that you can go and add your new card in your payment section of My account then you can just select it when you enter the HP order (then delete the old expired one after to save confusion)

PS my email did work tho so not sure what going on there?

ShinyHarryPplHoldingPortkeys Tue 17-Jul-07 09:19:43

My new card is on my account list.. but when I click that box so the order gets processed with that card instead of the other one but then I get the error message, the one that implies it is their site's fault not mine.

Sigh!

Will try again to find where to email them so I can tell them..

compo Tue 17-Jul-07 09:24:24

I don't think Amazon will be much cheaper than the shops to be honest.
And there is no way the shops will sell out.
So if it were me I would cancel the order and just go to Waterstones on Saturday

barbamama Tue 17-Jul-07 10:01:28

Apparently Tesco is supposed to be the cheapest.

StripeyBroomstickSpottyWand Tue 17-Jul-07 18:27:11

ok, from home page go right to the bottom of the page. all the way down.

In blue writing there is a "contact us" click this

Takes you to a page with a box o nthe left hand side titled "help topics contact us"

click on the "Marketplace customer contacts"

Then scroll down a bit and on the right hand side you can click on an "email us" or "phone us"

Can't give you an actual email address as its done on their website. hth.

rosmerta Tue 17-Jul-07 18:54:17

If you go here, about halfway down on the right hand side is a contact us box. Click on 'by phone', enter your phone number and someone will call you back. I did this recently and someone called me back in 5 mins

NeverTickleASleepingSoupDragon Tue 17-Jul-07 19:01:53

I clicked their link and changed my payment method.

I think if you log onto amazon and go to your account,, you have the option of changing your payment method. I had to change mine because my credit card was cloned.

NeverTickleASleepingSoupDragon Tue 17-Jul-07 19:02:47

Just order it from somewhere else. I was tempted to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now