Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Multiregion DVD Player/TV question

(7 Posts)
3andnomore Tue 10-Jul-07 16:08:05

Not sure if this is the right section, but it looked like someone here may just know
Does anyone know if you have a Multiregion DVD player and play it on NTSC (??) mode, do you still need a TV that has that NTSC setting aswell to receive the picture in colour rather then black and white? Thanks!

lemonaid Tue 10-Jul-07 16:22:52

I've never had to use a multiregion DVD player in any particular mode -- just put the DVD (of whatever region) in and play and it's worked on whichever TV it's connected to. I may be missing the point of the question, though.

essbeehindyou Tue 10-Jul-07 16:27:27

Message withdrawn

DaddyJ Tue 10-Jul-07 16:29:46

Have you bought a DVD in the USA
and want to play it on your equipment
back in Blighty?

WinnieThePooh Tue 10-Jul-07 16:41:20

I know we have a multiregion DVD plyer as DP often buys DVDs from the States, they are cheaper. Not sure about Tv, but will ask for you.

WinnieThePooh Tue 10-Jul-07 20:01:19

JUst had this reply from DP.

Yes, you need an NTSC-compatible TV. WHich most of them have been, for the last 5 or 6 years. Ours is.

If your DVD is outputting NTSC, but your telly is only PAL (the European system), then you get a B&W picture. Or sometimes a green one.

HTH

3andnomore Tue 10-Jul-07 20:31:59

Thank you all.
Well, found out that our TV is NTSC compatable anyway (wasn't sure, we only just got it over Freecycle, and our old one had a button to press), and haven't got a Multiplayer DVD player, yet ,although, we want to try out our little Portable Car one, as they seem often to be multiplayer, so, it might just be one, but if it isn't I might get a cheapo one, as it would be nice to be able to just get a wider variety of DVD's, etc....!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now