Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a website designer?

(10 Posts)
lurkylou Mon 09-Jul-07 16:39:07

A company that provides search engine optimisation without charging millions - is that too much to ask for?

lurkylou Mon 09-Jul-07 16:43:30

Take it the Geeky crowd come on later in the evening!

Anyone??

futurity Mon 09-Jul-07 17:08:25

yes...we do My husband and I run our own web design company and he does the search engine optimisation side of things. Do you have any contact details where he can get in touch?

lurkylou Mon 09-Jul-07 17:21:58

That was quick!! What's your website address?

lurkylou Mon 09-Jul-07 17:24:02

are you futurity.co.uk??

futurity Mon 09-Jul-07 17:26:02

yeap

GeekBoy Tue 10-Jul-07 10:06:56

what kind of SEO are you looking for?
Where's the site that needs optimising? There are a number of things you can do before getting a third party involved... ...drop in a link and I'll take a look

futurity Tue 10-Jul-07 13:12:26

My husband has had a chance to talk to me now about the SEO side of things. It is true that there are many things you can do youself to improve your placement, but from experience most clients don't have the time to do the research and implement the necessary changes required.

You also have to be careful, as SEO is a fine balance between changing everything to meet the SEO ideal and loosing the placements your pages have already gained...sometimes the wrong move can be frowned upon by Google and your placement suffers as a result.

It really depends what you are looking for: Short term gain, long term gain or paid for advertising where you can directly measure your return on your investment.

If you would like to get in touch, we'd be more than willing to give you a free review and advise you on how we can help.

GeekBoy Tue 10-Jul-07 13:49:10

yep totally agree but there are a ton of really easy things from url construction to code/content balance that are easy fixes.

In the same way a piece of offline marketing collateral needs balancing between copy, text graphics, call to action etc each web page needs do the same thing and then some.

Even little things like properly validated code (may seem like a big thing but that really is basic and it's not something that everyone makes sure happens!!) can make a big difference.

Also happy to give a free review although the company I work for wouldn't be able to do the work (high fees and not really our target work) but it does mean you'd get another properly independent view as there's no gain on my part... :-D

lurkylou Tue 10-Jul-07 18:23:07

Thanks for all the advice!!

I want to make a website for a new business I'm setting up and 'everyone' keeps saying "make sure you don't waste your money on a site that no-one can find on a search engine"

Some of the stuff you are talking about Futurity and Geekboy is way over my head which makes it all the more worrying!!

The business is going to be a property services comapny and also offer holiday lets when the properties are empty - abroad not in the UK. This is quite a saturated market (but not where I'm setting up) so it's important that if someone is looking for property services/management or holiday lets/rental in my neck of the woods that my site actually comes up on Google and the like!!

Futurity I'll send you an e-mail soon. Geekboy thanks for your input.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now