Talk

Advanced search

Sound on my PC

(6 Posts)
gio71 Sun 01-Jul-07 09:10:23

Everyone was so helpful re my last PC related query that I am going to post another one! Recently I had my PC completely stripped to get rid of viruses and all programmes reinstalled. The guy who did it for me was very good except he seemed to forget to reinstall sound! I have windows media and real player waiting to be used - just cant't hear anything. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

throckenholt Sun 01-Jul-07 09:24:21

are you sure the speakers are connected (light green connector usually) ? I ask - because that caught me out !

gio71 Sun 01-Jul-07 09:40:17

No they are def connected (although it is normally the kind of thing that would catch me out too!)

bubbles4 Sun 01-Jul-07 10:23:32

check that your volume is not set at mute.open media player,click play on top tool bar,go down to volume and check that mute is not ticked,if it is click on it to restore sound.

GeekBoy Tue 03-Jul-07 19:57:03

easy way to check if the sounds drivers are installed...

* Go to your desktop
* Right click on the My Computer icon
* Select Properties
* Click on the Hardware tab
* Click on the Device Manager button
* Have a troll through the list and see if you can see a little yellow icon near the Sound,Video and Game Devices bits..

if there's a yellow exclamation mark type icon or a nasty red thing then you need to install the sound drivers... ...it should tell you next to the icon which the device you have.. ...if you need drivers then holler with the name next to the icon and I'll see what I can find...

gio71 Sat 07-Jul-07 12:23:43

Hi Geekboy
I have tried that, one of the problems is that not only am I useless with computers but I live abroad and my computer is all in Italian and my Italian is fluent in all but technical speak it seems! However from what I can gather I dont have sound drives (is yellow exclamtion mark). It doesnt have anything written by it though. If you can help me would you mind being really really basic in instructions (ie where buttons I need to click on are) as it'll help me translate from English to Italian.
Thanks SO much, I really appreciate this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now