Talk

Advanced search

best digital camera

(7 Posts)
truepenny Sat 30-Jun-07 13:12:57

I want to buy a digital camera for taking family photo's. I need to be able to plug it directly into my pc and due to my complete lack of knowledge of most things technical it needs to be simple to use. Have tried looking on best buy websites but have ended up very confused. Also want a decent make if possible. Any suggestions?

PeachesMcLean Sat 30-Jun-07 23:34:42

Hi truepenny, to be honest, I'd go along to a few camera shops and say what your criteria is, and listen to the person tell you about the range they sell so you can ask questions as you go - personally I find it easier verbally than going through the stuff on the internet which can get over jargoned very quickly (and you don't have chance to stop them and ask questions)

Our camera doesn't plug in directly but there's a little memory card which slots into our laptop. The camera came with Hewlett packard software which is quite easy to use and recognises the card and uploads it with a couple of clicks.

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Sun 01-Jul-07 00:08:05

I have an olympus 720

it's waterproof and shock proof - so it's quite handy for someone who's as clumsy as me!

truepenny Sun 01-Jul-07 14:14:36

Thanks. It all seems mega complicated but I think speaking to someone face to face is a good idea. Will try that I think ob my next child free day. Ta

MrsBadger Sun 01-Jul-07 14:25:44

have a Canon Ixus
plugs straight in
can do point-and-click for snaps or ponce about with settings etc
is teeny so good to carry about
also has a spare battery that recharges like a phone so never have to carry bags of AAs etc.
love it

Jessops is a good bet - don't go to PC World or Currys or anywhere.

truepenny Sun 01-Jul-07 14:27:51

Thanks. Will definitely look into that one. Sounds just what I'm after

aDad Sun 01-Jul-07 14:29:25

Ixus range are brilliant for compact digitals.
Not the cheapest, but worth it IMO.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: