Talk

Advanced search

need help with links

(12 Posts)
quint Tue 26-Jun-07 22:06:10

Hope someone can help me.

I'm trying to write a newsletter and I need to put in some links - I have tried following the advice on here but it doesn;t work - what do I do?

TIA

moondog Tue 26-Jun-07 22:08:28

Highlight the address thingy at top of pafe then do Control and C key.Go to where you want to put it in and press Control and V key.
Twill appear magically!

quint Tue 26-Jun-07 22:15:05

thanks moondog - I didn;t explain myself properly - pobably due to the fact the DD2 (9m) had only just gone to sleep after a very draining evening - she always does this after I've commented how well she;s doing!

What I meant to say was instead of the address showing up I wanted some other text to be shown (like the example given on here - it just didn't seem to work for me, maybe I should give up and go to bed!)

littlelapin Tue 26-Jun-07 22:15:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Tue 26-Jun-07 22:15:42

moondog Tue 26-Jun-07 22:16:22

Quint,I can do that on MN but doubt I could elsewhere.
Am pretty thick in that dept. (and lots of others.)

quint Tue 26-Jun-07 22:22:16

littlelapin - I've inserted a hyperlink but then how do I change the text?

I've done it loads of times on MN which made me look here, however they've changed the way they do it and I can't remember the old way - don;t know if that would make a difference though

littlelapin Tue 26-Jun-07 23:22:37

HandyTrinkett Wed 27-Jun-07 09:21:37

in word, type the word you want to appear as a hyperlink, highlight it, press Control+K then you can fiddle with the hyperlink as much as you want...

.... in HTML
<a href='http://www.yourlinkhere.com/'>Your Text here</a>

quint Wed 27-Jun-07 13:50:33

Littlelapin I'm doing an email newsletter on an AOL - don't know if that makes a difference

Handytrinkett I will maybe have to try doing it on word and then see if I can transfer it onto an email

Thanks everyone

HandyTrinkett Wed 27-Jun-07 14:01:09

in outlook you can click on Insert then Hyperlink.

Same with outlook express...

quint Wed 27-Jun-07 14:41:06

Yeah - I've done it!!!

In the end I copied everything onto Word - did all the editing I needed to do then cut and paste onto the email. Have just sent it to a load of friends for their advice - hopefully will be good!

Thanks for sticking with me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now