Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

new wireless network....signal say "very low".......help!!

(8 Posts)
LadyTophamHatt Sun 24-Jun-07 19:04:35

ho wdo I increase the signal.

(also I just want to say here I F*ing hate computers!!)

BandofMothers Sun 24-Jun-07 19:08:05

No idea about that sorry, but I saw your name and just wondered how it's going with you and DH. Last time I saw you was on your thread about wanting to chuck him out cos of his mess in the conservatory, and unfairness towards you.

Sorry, I know it sounds horribly nosy, just wondering how you're doing.

bananabump Sun 24-Jun-07 19:14:20

My dp says that if you mean the signal from the router to the PC is low, then it may be improved by moving the pc closer to the unit, or checking there's no thick walls imbetween blocking the signal.

policywonk Sun 24-Jun-07 19:17:35

I hesitate to ask, but have you unplugged the lot, waited a couple of minutes then plugged them all back in again? It works with ours (sometimes). Alternatively, have you called your ISP/broadband provider? We use Virgin and they're often quite good at diagnosing problems.

bristols Sun 24-Jun-07 19:18:32

Also switch off any other transmitting devices you may have, such as a baby monitor. Ours always interferes with the broadband.

BandofMothers Sun 24-Jun-07 19:21:55

Have to go now, hope you are ok, and that you fix your problem.

LadyTophamHatt Sun 24-Jun-07 19:40:06

I just moved the modem from the front room so that its peeking around the door to where the PC is and the signal says excellent now.

Whats the sodding point of having a wireless netork if it doesn't work through walls????

BoM, we're ok now. I've realised its my PMT that causes about 90% of our problems so I need to sortthat out.

bananabump Sun 24-Jun-07 19:44:52

Glad you got your problem sorted LTH, my dp is a mine of uselss info when it comes to computers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now