Talk

Advanced search

help me unsubscribe from freecycle please

(8 Posts)
naswm Wed 20-Jun-07 12:45:09

I subscirbed to my local freecycle website the other day. I have a few things I want to get rid of and thought that would be a good place. I had to subscribe to the site before I could look at it. But, since then I am being bombarded with emails. Everytime there is a post offering something, or something has been taken I get an email. 68 yestertday. It is driving me mad. I have done the two listed ways of unsubscribing, but I am still getting the emails today

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whomovedmychocolate Wed 20-Jun-07 12:46:52

You should have a link in each message to the website, go there and log in and select 'read on web' - that way you can still post but won't get the emails.

jackie2kids Wed 20-Jun-07 12:47:33

Shit.

Thanks for posting that as I tried to subscribe to freecycle but got interupted (its a bit of a palava innit?)so didnt.

Glad I didnt now.

Hope you can get unsubscribed.

PandaG Wed 20-Jun-07 12:49:47

DH has freecycle set up so he just gets a digest of all the messages once a day rather than all the individual posts. THat works well for us. NOt sure how he did it though.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 20-Jun-07 12:51:22

Same way, you go to the online page and select daily digest (I have that too)

naswm Wed 20-Jun-07 12:57:28

thanks everyone. I have just found the 'read on web' button. I didnt see ti before I hope ti works. 12 emails so far today....

thanks again

whomovedmychocolate Wed 20-Jun-07 13:02:34

It might take a few hours to update if messages are queued but that should do it

naswm Wed 20-Jun-07 18:00:35

no emails since about 4pm so I think it might have workd.....

fingers crossed....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now