Talk

Advanced search

Transferring music from laptop to iPod nano without iTunes

(9 Posts)
LoniceraJaponica Mon 18-Jun-18 22:46:26

Does anyone know how I can transfer music files on to an old iPod Nano without using iTunes? I don't have an Apple account and don't want to pay for music from iTunes when I already have it anyway.

LittleBearPad Mon 18-Jun-18 22:48:14

iTunes is free. You won’t have to pay for anything

StayingAtTamaras Mon 18-Jun-18 22:49:50

https://mp3.wonderhowto.com/how-to/put-songs-your-ipod-without-using-itunes-321312/

https://www.fonepaw.com/tutorials/put-music-on-ipod-without-itunes.html

LoniceraJaponica Mon 18-Jun-18 22:54:04

Surely I would have to pay for any music I download from iTunes?

LittleBearPad Mon 18-Jun-18 23:21:23

I’m assuming you are transferring music from CDs or a laptop?

Alwayscommuting Mon 18-Jun-18 23:28:51

If you downloaded music from the apple store then yes you would need to pay for it. However you can also download iTunes and use it to rip music from CD's to your iPod or import files from your computer to your iPod. Neither of those options will cost a penny.

LoniceraJaponica Tue 19-Jun-18 21:49:50

"However you can also download iTunes and use it to rip music from CD's to your iPod or import files from your computer to your iPod"

I have been trying to work out how to do that, but it isn't obvious to me. We are a Windows/Android household and I struggle with Apple's logic (or lack of IMO).

LondonGin Tue 19-Jun-18 21:51:21

Download iTunes.
There will be a menu that says add music or import. Click on it. Locate music that is stored on your computer. It will ‘copy’ it to iTunes. Connect iPod. Sync. itunes comes with a ‘how to’

LoniceraJaponica Tue 19-Jun-18 22:09:38

That's brilliant. I can also drag and drop. Thank you for your help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: