Talk

Advanced search

Sky q on demand download speed dropped

(17 Posts)
Howaboutthisone Fri 01-Dec-17 22:55:27

Hi!
Since getting our sky q box around a year ago in our new house we’ve been amazed by the download speed. We want to watch a film, click on it and it’s available in seconds. In the last few days it’s been sooooo slow. Taking over half an hour to download one episodes of Greys for example. Any ideas as to what’s gone wrong and what we can do?
Thanks!

Howaboutthisone Mon 04-Dec-17 22:16:55

Anyone?

BelafonteRavenclaw Mon 04-Dec-17 22:22:03

We've noticed our sky HD box become seriously slow. I've just ordered a new Ethernet cable assuming that was the issue as all other broadband services in the house are fine. Just Sky is painfully slow.

Howaboutthisone Mon 04-Dec-17 22:25:21

I’m a bit cynical and wondering if they’ve slowed it down as our warranty has just expired. Not even sure if that’s possible but the timing is interesting!

BelafonteRavenclaw Mon 04-Dec-17 22:30:00

Mine is a good few years out of warranty. I did wonder if it was a ploy to tempt me over to sky Q but obviously not if it's potentially a system wide issue.

partlyawake Mon 04-Dec-17 22:34:08

Ours is ridiculously slow too. I even got to questioning if a neighbour was borrowing it? It's definitely a sky thing not to do with the box.

BelafonteRavenclaw Tue 05-Dec-17 07:40:59

Bizarre

Howaboutthisone Tue 05-Dec-17 15:44:27

Bizarre and frustrating!

BelafonteRavenclaw Wed 06-Dec-17 15:40:56

My new Ethernet cable arrived. No improvement. Grrrrr

TwoBlueFish Wed 06-Dec-17 17:10:52

Presume you’ve rebooted your router and the SkyQ boxes. Have you run a speed checker app? Is it slow just for SkyQ or for everything connected to WiFi?

DixieNormas Wed 06-Dec-17 17:24:18

I don't have skyQ but my box has been awful for months now. It took half an hour to download TWD this afternoon

Howaboutthisone Wed 06-Dec-17 22:52:13

I think it’s slow for everything according to the which speed checker but according to the sky check one it’s fine. Hmmm!

MadeForThis Wed 06-Dec-17 23:10:07

Sky Q is different to the old HD boxes. They don't have a warranty. Sky retain ownership of them. Give sky a ring and see what they say.

DixieNormas Wed 06-Dec-17 23:21:16

Do you have to pay extra for the sky Q

GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo Fri 08-Dec-17 16:44:58

I rang sky and they sent a special 'signal' to the box. Now it seems to be much better but I'm still expecting this to be a fluke.

confusedlilly Fri 08-Dec-17 16:56:52

Ours is the same with sky q had it about year. Phoned sky yesterday and our router has a fault on it and they are sending us a new one out

GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo Fri 08-Dec-17 18:18:03

I take it back. It's not working again. Grrr

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: