Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I can´t sign in to my tablet after a reset

(10 Posts)
margaritasbythesea Mon 13-Nov-17 22:13:58

Something happened to my tablet tonight while my son was playing with it. He turned it off because he got frustrated. When I tried to turn it on again, it was stuck on the logo screen so after trying lots of things I did a factory reset.

I am now trying to set up the tablet again. However, it win´t let me get past the google account login page. It says my google account is different to the one associated with the tablet. I am pretty sure it is not, but have tried it with everything I can think of more an hour and a half.

Is there any way I can found out which google account is associated with it and if not, what the hell do I do?

Many thanks for your help. I have had a horrible evening!

margaritasbythesea Mon 13-Nov-17 22:18:55

I have just noticed that my Tablet is listed in my google account as a device I use, and it noticed that I last used it ten minutes ago when I was trying to log in. That means the google account I have access to is the one associated with the tablet, doesn´t it?

margaritasbythesea Mon 13-Nov-17 22:32:31

I am going to give up for the night. It´s late where I am. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

margaritasbythesea Tue 14-Nov-17 05:55:21

Hopeful bump

margaritasbythesea Tue 14-Nov-17 11:02:21

Another one. The only info I can find is that if the account is not recognised, it is not possible to set up the tablet. It seems impossible to get any help from Google themsleves.

TwoBlueFish Wed 15-Nov-17 19:51:46

Which tablet is it? Has the tablet been factory reset? Have you tried turning off 2 step verification before signing in? support.google.com/accounts/answer/1064203?hl=en

margaritasbythesea Wed 15-Nov-17 20:15:04

Thanks I haven´t tried that. I will, although I left the tablet at a friend´s house today to see if she could fix it (but she can´t). I don´t know everything she tried but she did try állowing´the tablet access to the google account from the account itself. This didn´t work.

margaritasbythesea Wed 15-Nov-17 20:43:19

I think the problem is that I have changed my google account password since I first logged in with the tablet and the tablet wants the original passwrod. I have no idea what it was.

TwoBlueFish Wed 15-Nov-17 21:04:01

Have you completely done a factory reset? From recovery mode? If you have then it shouldn’t matter that it’s a different password because it will be as if it’s a new tablet bought from the shop.

margaritasbythesea Wed 15-Nov-17 21:46:19

I really wouldn't know tbh. I followed some instructions I found and everything seemed to go right, although the password thing did strike me as odd.

When I get it back from my friend's house I am going to try and contact yhe manufacturer (Lenovo).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now