Talk

Advanced search

Moving my music on my iPhone to my iTunes library on Mac

(6 Posts)
southeastdweller Sun 05-Nov-17 21:49:44

So I accidentally wiped hundreds of songs from my iTunes library on my Mac recently but fortunately they're all on my phone. I've seen some videos on Youtube but I'm wary of downloading the software you need to move it over (there's no way Apple let you do it).

Can anyone help, please?

Aprildaisy Mon 06-Nov-17 10:36:45

This should be easy plug your phone into your mac and sign in to I tunes using your phones Apple ID .
And sync you may download all your photos as well though .

Aprildaisy Mon 06-Nov-17 10:47:57

Sorry you said they are on your phone
But you don't say what phone you have and weather you have bought the music on your phone ?

southeastdweller Mon 06-Nov-17 13:28:16

Thanks. I have an iPhone. The problem is that the ones I need to put back on my library were originally added from CD’s - I know how to put back downloaded songs, sorry not to have been clear.

southeastdweller Thu 09-Nov-17 17:02:32

Anyone?

Clg199 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:23:55

I don't think you can, unless you use a non-Apple bit of software, like iExplorer. I have never used one, but this seems to be the one coming up top on Google.

The transfer of music from CD or purchasing site other than itunes is only meant to work one way so it stops you from being able to share your music with other people from your phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now