Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me choose a macro button...

(4 Posts)
lljkk Thu 02-Nov-17 22:23:32

I have never recorded & saved a macro in MS Word before, but I need to b/c of a Very Stupid Workplace policy that is driving me slightly insane. I will feel marginally better with a pointless gesture of subversive rebellion, like choosing a macro button that affirms the utter Stupidity of Management.

Can you choose your own Macro button image in MS Word? I'd choose a pic of the Pointy hair boss guy from Dilbert cartoon if I could. Else...

These seem to be the single button options. Which one would you choose?

GoldfishCrackers Mon 13-Nov-17 18:31:16

Anchor. Rhymes with wanker.

AlternativeTentacle Mon 13-Nov-17 18:34:16

Yeah that will do it.

lljkk Mon 13-Nov-17 20:05:38

ha! Ta, turns out the macro steps I wanted are disabled (SOB) & I can't figure out anything else to do. I still tried the boat steering symbol for some reason, so almost what you guys suggest.

So... corporate America has decided loads of policies are good practice to stop people from doing things that embarrass their employer. Auto-complete for email addresses is therefore turned off. We have an extra ARE YOU SURE? prompt for every MSWord document that has margin comments. Following another data sharing problem today at work, we're literally guessing what will be the next obstacle that will be put in our path to stop us getting actual work done. Maybe we'll have to write all documents out by hand & only a designated committee (10 members minimum) will be allowed to type anything into the computer in future (wouldn't surprise me).

Argh. My work envt is turning into a Dilbert Cartoon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now