Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

GoPro/Not GoPro- recommendations please

(5 Posts)
shhhfastasleep Thu 26-Oct-17 16:05:39

We are planning to get a video camera for DD (10) for Christmas. The only name she knows is GoPro but I know there are others. Seen some positive for various on Amazon but I’d love to hear your suggestions. She loves making little movies and we will be going on a mega US road trip with US family next year. She wants to document it.

4yoniD Tue 31-Oct-17 19:37:35

I have a veho muvi (k2 npng) - got it from Amazon. I chose it over a GoPro because I mainly wanted it for Lapland and it looked to be better in lower light than the GoPro. It takes the same attachments so no trouble there. I did a great Lapland video but haven't used it much since. It has a few foibles which take getting used to - to do with the buttons not being completely intuitive- but nothing impossible.

shhhfastasleep Tue 31-Oct-17 21:46:33

Thank you very much for your response.

12thmonkey Thu 02-Nov-17 10:48:08

gopro's are p!!! poor in low light conditions. They have no image stabilizer so you get loads and i mean loads of camera shake. its awful for a camera thats so popular. The same goes for the above camera. The reasoning is is that these are usually fixed to helmets, stands, poles etc so they don't appear so bad BUT if she is doing hand held vlogging style recording then i would go with what a lot of youtubers use and head for something like the canon s110 / s120 type camera.

source: i have all the camera's above and have many videos on youtube.

shhhfastasleep Thu 02-Nov-17 12:59:44

Cheers, monkey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now