Talk

Advanced search

I need to replace a Samsung note 4 phone but with what?

(4 Posts)
GeorgiaOQueef Wed 04-Oct-17 13:05:36

I have a Samsung note 4 and it has seen better days. I want to replace it before it stops working but I am totally bewildered. One feature I really want to keep is the Samsung screen mirroring which I use with my TV.

I am on payg so I will be buying the phone outright. I like the phone I have but I don't want to pay £800 shock for a newer version. I only want a new one though, as I have bought second in the past and not had a great experience.

My DC have the j3 and there is not enough storage for me on them.

TwoBlueFish Wed 04-Oct-17 22:15:53

What kind of things are you screen mirroring? Could you get a chrome cast and use casting instead? My husband just replaced his HTC with a WileyFox Swift 2X and he really likes it.

If you’re screen mirroring BT sport and only have the mobile version then you may run into issues as BT block most of the casting type stuff.

GeorgiaOQueef Thu 05-Oct-17 10:55:06

The only way I can watch TV other than iplayer is by screen mirroring, so I get all4 on my phone and watch it on the TV screen.

TwoBlueFish Thu 05-Oct-17 16:46:33

I’d get something like a Roku or chrome cast stick to play iPlayer, 4OD, etc. You just need a spare HDMI slot on your TV and broadband.

Then choose whichever phone you want.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: