Talk

Advanced search

Cheap smart phone/ipod touch type

(5 Posts)
DeepfriedPizza Mon 02-Oct-17 08:56:27

I am looking for a cheap smart phone or ipod touch type thing for my daughter.
She won't be making calls so it's something to use over wifi in the house but she wants spotify and the likes on it.

DeepfriedPizza Fri 06-Oct-17 15:56:01

Anybody?

4yoniD Sun 08-Oct-17 20:54:53

What does cheap mean? Pretty much any smart phone, new or second hand will do this although you may want to consider sound quality unless you are going to use a Bluetooth speaker. Where I am (not U.K.) you can get a basic "free" smart phone when you top up £50 or £100. That way you don't have to worry about second hand rip offs or battery life.

beautifultrauma Sun 08-Oct-17 23:13:54

My DD has an iPod touch and it is great. She absolutely loves it. She can play music, games, iMessage and FaceTime her friends. I have it set up very securely and she is unable to download anything without asking me first. I’d definitely recommend it.

Scoleah Sun 08-Oct-17 23:21:04

My DD also has an iPod touch.
She can iMessage me and her Dad & FaceTime her grandparents when she needs too! (Asking my permission first!)
My daughter used to have an android tablet but I found every time an advert popped up she would click on it & download random games/apps.
She can’t do this on iPod as I’ve set it to ask for password every time she downloads it (she doesn’t know it grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now