Talk

Advanced search

iPads

(8 Posts)
Lovelilies Wed 28-Jun-17 19:38:57

I would like and iPad for my (37th) birthday, but have no idea which type?!
It will be to MN grin mess about on FB, a spot of shopping etc.
What would be the best one to get?
And how much/ where to buy?
Thanks

Lovelilies Thu 29-Jun-17 17:24:52

Anyone?

Wonderpants Thu 29-Jun-17 17:31:50

I bought a pro (I think?)
I would buy the best you can afford and it will last longer!
I love mine- waited a long time to get one!

Matilda2013 Thu 29-Jun-17 17:41:13

We have an iPad mini 2 and it does everything we need grin two years old and I still love it

HappydaysArehere Wed 09-Aug-17 10:05:31

I bought an iPad Pro but not the large one. I chose the Pro because the smaller, standard one had the best camera spec, higher than the larger one. It also had a larger capacity than the normal air IPad. As I store loads of photos and didn't want them stored in the cloud I bought the largest capacity I could afford. It all depends on your needs and your pocket. Do not underestimate how much you are going to use it. It's speed and accessibility is condusive to much use. Books, apps, BBC iPlayer, itv hub etc, etc. Games, you can get a gadget that transfers your photos from a SIM card directly into photos plus that camera on the iPad is great. Hope you love it. Good luck.

ems137 Wed 09-Aug-17 10:40:13

Get the newest one you can afford because apple eventually stop doing updates for them and they become really slow and unable to get some apps.

I've got the iPad Pro 9.7 inch (not the big one) and it's perfect for shopping, social media and watching YouTube or Netflix etc.

You also need to think whether you need it to have 3G or not. I've only ever bought the wifi versions because I only use my iPad at home.

SoPassRemarkable Wed 09-Aug-17 10:49:22

I've never had a Pro iPad, just the standard ones. Mine is 32gb which is enough storage for hundreds of photos, quite a lot of apps.

Get the most up to date version you can.

I have wifi only one and then make my phone into a wifi hotspot if we're out and tether the iPad to the phone.

WanderingJules Fri 20-Oct-17 16:20:05

Mine is the iPad Air 2.
I use it at home really.
It’s ok, I like it, but I haven’t took advantage really of many of the features (apart from the free books 😄) I would go as far to recommend it though, for home.
Got it as a 50th birthday pressie, bought along with my own money, as it was expensive then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now