Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone made an app?

(5 Posts)
ahatlikeprincessmarina Mon 15-May-17 14:35:43

Without any particular software qualifications, that is?

Are there any app-making sites or similar where you can be talked through it? I'm not trying to get above my ability level, just want to know what's realistic! I'm pretty good with things like Indesign/Photoshop and used to be ok with Dreamweaver, so feel I could tackle a make-your-own-app thing ... am I deluding myself, though? (I do have an actual idea for one btw ... grin)

Help!

olderthanyouthink Mon 15-May-17 20:15:01

I've never made an app but I'm a developer (web) so I think I could learn fairly easily. I don't know if any drag and drop type app makers, as I'd just code.

I learned web development online using Treehouse. Some people swear by YouTube or books.

What do you want the app to do? you don't have to be specific, I've just wondering whether I think it would be possible.

StoorieHoose Mon 15-May-17 20:26:07

Try App Inventor. That's click and drag for designing android apps. I just covered it on my OU degree and it's easy to use

ahatlikeprincessmarina Tue 16-May-17 11:08:47

Thanks, stoorie, this is useful! Never heard of App Inventor but am going to give it a go ...

older, the idea is something that would require a kind of 'middle man' of password encryption. Integration with PayPal. Ummm ... not sure how to say more without being too specific!

AssassinatedBeauty Tue 16-May-17 18:30:21

There's an online tool called appery.io where you can develop apps, haven't used it myself but it looks interesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now