Talk

Advanced search

Tv with hdmi input on bottom? Is there such a thing?

(6 Posts)
flier Thu 11-May-17 19:53:52

Our "extra" tv has given up the ghost so we're sourcing a new one. However, I'm looking for the knowledge of mumsnet once again.

It needs to be a 40" wall mounted tv. We'd like easy access to the ports (HDMI/usb etc), as DS plugs and unplugs different games consoles etc.

Question 1 : Are there TVs with these plugs/inputs on the bottom of the tv, giving easy access for the above?

Question 2 : Is there a piece of equipment which will allow some sort of an extension cable to then allow multiple hdmi's to be plugged in, thereby not having to constantly access the back of the wall mounted tv?

RustyBear Sat 13-May-17 13:53:00

Don't know about question 1, but would this help with question 2?

www.maplin.co.uk/p/3-way-4k-hdmi-switch-n68dv?cmpid=ppc%3Ahome_electricals%3Apla%3Agoogle&gclid=CjwKEAjw3drIBRCOwfC-_qqyjQ8SJADvoWQplK4rD4Z1LD8-764N8TPGB_S2qokFRuElwU4Vcsu66hoC6oPw_wcB

flier Sat 13-May-17 13:58:25

Thanks for that Rustybear, that looks like it may do the job, but I wonder if my sons PS4 would work as well, or would there be a slight time delay on games?

prh47bridge Sun 14-May-17 08:50:04

I have an HDMI switch. It isn't this model but there is no time delay.

flier Sun 14-May-17 08:54:18

Thanks prh47bridge

sluj Sun 14-May-17 09:05:26

I've got a feeling the new Samsung Tv's have some sort of feature for the HDMI inputs with just one wire . Not sure of the details but might be worth investigating. The salesman seemed to think it was a game changer grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now