Talk

Advanced search

tablet repairs

(4 Posts)
Carameli Fri 14-Apr-17 12:40:11

Ds has a tablet that is refusing to charge. We have tried with dd's charger which works fie with her tablet so think it might be a charger port problem. Has anyone used a good tablet repair service to fix this as I am not sure it will be under the guarantee.

Twozealotmorethan1 Fri 14-Apr-17 17:38:18

I just wandered into this section to post a virtually identical query...! My Samsung tablet is no longer working or charging and I suspect the cause is a damaged charging port. I've called a few local PC / phone repair places and they either don't offer this type of repair at all or want around £60 for it which is more or less the cost of a replacement tablet.
I've found a few online repair options including one on eBay that are much more reasonable but I'm hesitant to use due to having no idea how reputable or not they are.

Twozealotmorethan1 Sat 15-Apr-17 23:16:25

This is the eBay service I'm thinking of taking a chance on.... m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repair-Service-for-Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-3-7-0-inch-SM-T210-T211-USB-Charging-Port-/251703228264

olderthanyouthink Mon 17-Apr-17 21:39:57

This if going to souls stupid but are you sure there's not crap in the charging port? It happens a lot (mostly phones though).

Just have a quick check, long pointy tweezers are best but a needle or safety pin work too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now