Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know how to upload photos from an old phone?

(9 Posts)
sayatidaknama Thu 30-Mar-17 14:32:56

I've attached a USB to laptop but there's no automatic import message. And no sync message on the phone. Does it not work if the phone is sim-less? Anyone know a way round?

PigletJohn Thu 30-Mar-17 14:58:12

what phone is it?

Have you got a SIM you can put into it, if that's a prob?

When you connected the USB, what messages do you see on the phone and on the PC?

sayatidaknama Thu 30-Mar-17 15:14:42

Thanks for replying.

It's a Samsung galaxy ace. There's a sim in it but it's been discontinued (if that's the right word!) by the service provider.

No messages on pc or phone at all when usb/phone connected.

Spam88 Thu 30-Mar-17 15:56:56

Can you see it if you go into My Computer?

You might need to unlock the phone to be able to see anything on it as well.

I only have experience of doing this with iPhones but no sim definitely isn't a problem for them.

sayatidaknama Thu 30-Mar-17 16:27:10

No not there on My Computer. Don't think phone is locked as I can see the photos on phone confused

PigletJohn Thu 30-Mar-17 16:59:07

you might need a "live" sim.

you cab swap one from anoher phone, though some new models have a smaller sim, that needs an adaptor.

I thought I'd look for an Ace driver, but can't find it on www.samsung.com/uk/support/

there is a "contact" link though.

drivers might be available from third parties, but I would only download with good internet security.

If all else fails, phone merchants (shops and street markets) may be able to copy onto a memory stick for you. They usually can copy data from old phones to new.

sayatidaknama Thu 30-Mar-17 17:21:55

Thanks Piglet John. I think I'll take it to a shop - hadn't thought of that! I just checked the sim and it's one of those big old ones and all the other phones in our house are nano ones and adaptor sounds even more complicated!

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 30-Mar-17 18:30:23

I used to have that phone and you need Samsung Kies on your laptop or it won't recognise the phone. You can download it for free. Shouldn't need a SIM for this.

sayatidaknama Thu 30-Mar-17 19:04:45

Brilliant. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now