Talk

Advanced search

AOL emails have gone missing

(3 Posts)
Whathaveilost Sun 19-Mar-17 19:45:13

I noticed the other week that I couldn't find an email for a gig I had booked. I didn't think too much of it at the time then a few days after that I realized I had seen a Jet2 email and then couldn't find it. At this point I wasn't worried and thought when I had a bit of time I would go through the emails and find them. However I went to retrieve an email that has my new car insurance details that I definitely have seen and it's not there!
It appears that all my emails before the 9th March have vanished. Including sent and deleted. I have not altered any settings at all. I have had a look in settings and I can't see anything that would delete emails for more that a few days old. They are not in any other folder, I have gone through them and so has DH.

What on earth has happened? I need the insurance one as a matter of urgency as I have to take my car insurance details into work for inspection.

cdtaylornats Mon 20-Mar-17 14:58:07

help.aol.com/articles/email-previously-listed-in-my-mailbox-is-missing

Whathaveilost Mon 20-Mar-17 15:10:37

Thanks for the link cd
I'd already gone down that route and I ended up emailing aol last night as I need some of the documents pretty urgently.
I have got a response from AOL, they restored the previous week, up to the 3rd of March but can't get any more. Looks like they are gone for ever and I have to start searching details of all the companies I have used to get copies of documents.

Thank you for trying to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now