Talk

Advanced search

Kids you tube help please?

(4 Posts)
Purplerainbow Sun 05-Mar-17 14:26:33

Iv looked at the kids you tube app but it's for little kids. Mine watch you tube on the laptop but it's always where I am and they are only allowed on certain people (they want to watch the usual gaming videos, dan tdm etc)

I'm abit concerned at allowing you tube on their tablets...... is there another ap that is for older kids that's safe?

StorminaBcup Sun 05-Mar-17 14:31:48

I've downloaded the kids one for my ds but I came across this when I was looking for how to restrict it.

safety mode

Purplerainbow Sun 05-Mar-17 15:48:41

How reliable is it though? I know nothing is 100% but you tube is a 'free for all put what you want on here' type place in my opinion yet I'm mean as everyone else has it! Trying to find a safe middle ground!

StorminaBcup Sun 05-Mar-17 17:31:28

I haven't used this one as I downloaded the kids youtube but it's like anything, I'm sure there will be odd ones that will still get through or your kids will figure out how to get round it at some point. It does say that this mode will filter out a lot of the obvious ones and the comments which may not suitable for younger ones. Try it and see what you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now