Talk

Advanced search

Windows 10 install has killed my laptop!!!

(7 Posts)
Polgara2 Tue 28-Feb-17 11:06:28

Any knowledgeable people out there to help me?
Tried to install windows 10 on Lenovo laptop last night. Took a while but said was done and needed to reboot etc but that's the last I saw of any life!

Now it is stuck at the Lenovo splash screen or whatever you call it. I can get into the menu that gives me the option for bios/boot menu etc but nothing works. Well I can see the bios settings and it still thinks it's on windows 8 but nothing seems to work off that menu.

I have absolutely no idea what to do next and dh is going to go mad as he is the primary user of it.

ijustwannadance Tue 28-Feb-17 11:12:24

Can't help but the windows 10 update was the worst thing I ever did to our PC.

Polgara2 Tue 28-Feb-17 11:19:44

Oh god really? Well at the moment I am inclined to agree with you sad

Polgara2 Tue 28-Feb-17 18:05:03

Why was it the worst thing ijustwannadance?

ijustwannadance Tue 28-Feb-17 21:12:17

It doesn't update itself, it's very sluggish and pc is stuck in a weird wide screen mode. I don't think it's been really designed well for pc's. It just won't update either. Would probably be ok on a phone or anything app based.

Windows 7 never gave me any issues.

I asked cortana why windows 10 was so shit and google brought up thousands of responses!

I'm rubbish with tech though.

cdtaylornats Tue 28-Feb-17 21:27:49

I have windows 10 on 3 computers and I find it works perfectly.

Polgara2 Wed 01-Mar-17 09:08:24

Ok well it's working again now after a whole day of dd1 and I fannying around pressing various buttons at precise times! The problem seemed to be it was trying to do windows 8 updates after the windows 10 download!

Anyhoo I've now backed everything up so the question is do I try again without the windows 8 issue getting in the way this time? Windows 10 works fine on dd1 laptop which is why we were trying in the first place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now