Talk

Advanced search

Iphone 5S very quiet ring tone. ....which is why I never pick up!

(9 Posts)
Olympiathequeen Wed 15-Feb-17 20:34:06

Obviously turned the volume up full but I used to be able to hear my old phone when it was downstairs. Can't hear this phone at all. Works perfectly well otherwise. Text also relatively quiet and short so I miss those too. Not deaf by the way.

I tried to add a ringtone off the App Store but you have to do some weird rigermerole via iTunes. Got an iPad too if that helps so can anyone talk me through finding a free or cheap loud ring and text tone and transferring it to the phone? I don't use iTunes at all.

Feeling very dense

DeterminedToChange Wed 15-Feb-17 20:37:31

Mine's very quiet, too - iPhone 6sX. Will await instructions!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Wed 15-Feb-17 20:38:11

i haven't got an iphone, but some phones have other settings so that different notifications are at different levels

you have to rummage about a bit, but I have my ringtone volume right up, and everything else is at normal....then the volume on the side still turns stuff up and down

purpleporpoise Wed 15-Feb-17 20:39:54

Helps if you have vibrate on. I don't always hear mine but do hear the vibrations.
When you go into Settings, Sounds, you can increase the ringer volume too, or use the buttons on the side when the phone is ringing.

I would also experiment with ring tones, some are louder than others

Olympiathequeen Wed 15-Feb-17 21:05:21

I have vibrate on but it only helps if it's very near me.

I have the volume turned right up. I'll check setting though.

Will also set to another ringtone.

How do I use iTunes to download one if all else fails? I paid for GOT on my old phone but no idea how to retrieve it :-(

Olympiathequeen Wed 15-Feb-17 21:07:37

Think I've found iTunes sync in settings. One step nearer.

Olympiathequeen Wed 15-Feb-17 21:08:52

Settings is fully up for ringtone volume.

Laughsandgiggles Wed 15-Feb-17 21:12:54

I have to set it so that volume buttons on side don't turn down ringer volume only videos/music etc. So basically ringer volume is always set on high unless I have put phone on silent. Might be worth checking?

Olympiathequeen Thu 16-Feb-17 11:35:56

Yes. It's all on full at the side. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now