Talk

Advanced search

Moto G phone driving me mad

(6 Posts)
treaclesoda Tue 14-Feb-17 09:55:24

I have a Moto G phone, very pleased with it except for one thing. No matter what I do, I can't seem to turn off the sound notifications for emails, facebook, messenger etc.

I am obviously missing something very basic. I have gone into the settings and can't find anything except putting it on silent or aeroplane mode, which is no good as I need it to ring if someone rings me.

What am I missing? I have tried turning off notifications where possible in each individual app, but again the options seem to mostly be 'no notifications' or 'notifications' rather than 'no sound on notifications'. I have tried googling but again, can only find instructions to turn off all sounds, which isn't what I need.

It must be something very obvious but it has me totally stumped.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

PickAChew Tue 14-Feb-17 10:13:42

Currently wearing at mine because it and my fitbit are refusing to talk to each other. They fell out at the weekend and even after giving them both a boot up the arse, they're still stropping.

Yahoo and gmail apps both allow you to turn off vibrations - in different places, of course because it can never be straightforward. You can also turn off sounds in Twitter.

Depending on which moto G you have, the Do not disturb settings (different to airplane mode) can be tweaked to allow certain things through, eg calls from certain people. This is handy if you don't want your chatty MIL to disturb you during working hours but need DH to be able to tell you he's going to be late home, or whatever. You can still receive emails while DND is active but don't get a notification until the time period ends.

PickAChew Tue 14-Feb-17 10:14:46

and that's swearing, not wearing, though it's in danger of wearing some old teabags in the bin if the phone-fitbit standoff doesn't get resolved today.

PickAChew Tue 14-Feb-17 12:33:50

Well, 3 hours on and I've finally shown my phone who's boss. Stupid fucking useless fucking bluetooth angry

And no, there was nothing online to help with troubleshooting. I had to figure it out myself from the options available. Against all instincts, I told my phone to forget my fitbit, then when I reopened the app, it synced straight awayhmm

widowerbutok Tue 14-Feb-17 17:19:49

Just a thought, but doe this site help?

motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/100770

treaclesoda Tue 14-Feb-17 22:57:33

Thank you all. I finally found the setting I need. As I suspected, it was quite simple, but for some reason I kept missing it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now