Talk

Advanced search

Samsung smart tv; any way round bt youview box?

(5 Posts)
minxthemanx Tue 07-Feb-17 19:15:33

We have BT broadband and sport tv, for the football largely. Up till now have had BT youview box connected to 10 year old Sony Bravia. However the catch up on demand channel's kept disappearing. Had to keep resetting the youview box and was all very labour intensive! 'Today I bought a lovely samsung smart tv. This has all catch up channels on it, and they work much better than thru youview box (plus only need one remote. ) However, can't see a way I can get the BT sport channel without plugging the box back in? Anyone know of a way I can get it on the tv so can ignore the box?

cdtaylornats Wed 08-Feb-17 22:35:39

There is no BT app for Samsung. You could get a BT App on your laptop or tablet and use a Chromecast to see it on TV.

minxthemanx Thu 09-Feb-17 12:15:50

Thanks for your reply. Am a bit new to chrome cast, is it a USB stick that you plug in?

cdtaylornats Thu 09-Feb-17 15:21:31

Basically it plugs into your TV HDMI slot and uses your router to talk wirelessly to you PC, tablet, laptop or phone

Once it is in place and talking to your router any app you see its symbol on can be cast to watch on TV.

As well as TV and film it can cast photographs

minxthemanx Thu 09-Feb-17 17:45:23

Thank you so much, you're a star . Hopefully that way I won't need to ever plug the youview box back in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now