Talk

Advanced search

Freeview on TV not near an aerial port

(6 Posts)
smirched Sat 28-Jan-17 12:33:11

I currently have Virgin TV on the TV in the living room and want to get rid of it. We use freeview on a TV in another room via an aerial connection and would like to replace it with that. The serial port in the living room is on the other side of the room and would have to come past a door either way to get a lead to the TV. I currently have the Freeview app on kodi on that TV (via rasberry pi) which is ok but I haven't got a remote for it and there's no EPG so it's not an easy replacement for the Virgin TV for live TV.

Is there anyway to get standard Freeview on this TV, with a menu, without connecting to the aerial? it's an older swing smart TV and has a built in tuner. What would I need?

smirched Sat 28-Jan-17 12:38:10

Samsung not swing!

MongerTruffle Fri 10-Feb-17 21:19:07

Don't know if you have an answer yet but...
Ideally you want to get an aerial installer to fit an extension for the outdoor aerial going to the TV. The other option is to buy an indoor aerial but in my experience they only work if you are within about 15 miles of a transmitter.

GavelRavel Mon 20-Feb-17 20:25:14

would they fit it internally down to the internal wall it needs to go on? There's one on the other side of the room but windows and doors in the way.

cdtaylornats Tue 21-Feb-17 22:22:37

You might be able to use this
cdn.medion.com/downloads/anleitungen/bda82541au.pdf

It transmits a signal wirelessly from a source to another device

TheCakes Tue 21-Feb-17 22:24:32

DS telly is nowhere near an aerial. I bought him an Amazon firestick for xmas and he watches freeview through that (as well as Netflix, YouTube etc)
No wires needed. It just connects to the WiFi.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now