Talk

Advanced search

Hard drive for photos from laptop....

(5 Posts)
youngestisapsycho Fri 27-Jan-17 23:21:10

I'm useless with tech stuff... I need a hard drive to save all the photos off my old laptop. Can anyone advise the best type to get and what size I need to store thousands of photos?! TIA

dnamummy Fri 27-Jan-17 23:32:00

Thank you for asking this - one of my jobs for this year is to remember how to turn on our old computer and get all the old photos off so I'll be watching your thread with interest.

youngestisapsycho Fri 27-Jan-17 23:46:28

I'm hoping that the laptop will come on! All my photos are on there....

Chanatan Sat 28-Jan-17 06:37:53

Any portable hard drive will do but its worth remembering these can and do fail,its probably not the best thing to have just one copy of precious photos.

What Ive done is installed Microsoft Onedrive and all photos are stored in the cloud,you can then access this from a variety of devices,I have the one drive app on my phone and any photo I take is automatically uploaded to the cloud,only drawback is you only get 5gb for free,although Ive had a quick look at the cost and £1.99 a month gets 50gb,thats quite a lot of photos.

youngestisapsycho Mon 30-Jan-17 13:58:44

Thanks, I will try the Onedrive as well... but would still like to put them on an external hard drive too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now