Talk

Advanced search

Cheap kids' tablet recommendation please- fire too small!

(7 Posts)
GnarlyOldGoatDude Mon 23-Jan-17 12:45:15

Our trusty Hudl is dying, won't hold its charge. A new battery will be £30, which seems pointless as it's 4 years old. Can anyone recommend a good kids tablet please? I was all set to buy the Fire, but looked at it yesterday and it does seem disappointingly small in comparison.

Thank you- would be used for games and apps for a 6 yr old, so reasonable memory but doesn't need to be amazing.

AndNowItsSeven Mon 23-Jan-17 12:48:57

Why do you think the kindle is too small , intjink it's the perfect size for dc. Could you have a play with one?

AndNowItsSeven Mon 23-Jan-17 12:49:11

* I think.

GnarlyOldGoatDude Mon 23-Jan-17 12:57:08

I did have a play- I was fully set to buy one! My son thought it was smaller though, and I agree. Screen is same width as Hudl, but narrower. It just seemed really small!

GnarlyOldGoatDude Mon 23-Jan-17 12:57:45

I know it sounds so spoilt 😃

But hard to convince him that a smaller screen is better

AndNowItsSeven Mon 23-Jan-17 13:10:43

This is good value refurbished iPad mini from the Apple Store comes with one year warranty boxes etc. I have bought one in the past you would never know it wasn't new.
www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/FE279B/A/refurbished-ipad-mini-2-wi-fi-16gb-silver
It's not so much cheap though as good value.

GnarlyOldGoatDude Mon 23-Jan-17 13:14:10

Thank you- i had wondered about a cheap iPad of sorts. He loves mine (again....spoilt....)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now