Talk

Advanced search

Lg k120e isn't working help

(4 Posts)
Whohasnickedmyvodka Thu 29-Dec-16 20:28:00

My dd got an lg k120e for Christmas and yesterday somebody did a hard reset on it and now it's won't work because it doesn't recognize her gmail account we cant see anything on the phone apart from the set up that we can't do help

prh47bridge Fri 30-Dec-16 10:25:54

I presume your daughter is entering her gmail address and password and the phone is then saying it can't sign in to this account or similar. Is she entering the details correctly?

If it is possible your daughter has the wrong details for her account I would try using a PC to browse to google.co.uk. Once there, click on the "sign in" button at the top right of the screen and try to log in. That will confirm that your daughter has the correct email address and password. If there is a problem it may give a more helpful error message than her phone and it may be possible for her to reset the password if she is using the wrong one.

If she is entering the details correctly the problem is likely to be lack of an internet connection. Before asking for a Google account the phone allows you to set up an internet connection. If you have wifi you should use that. It will be more reliable than using the mobile network. If she is trying to use the mobile network it could be that she doesn't have a signal or that she has run out of credit - quite possible if she has been installing apps, playing games and watching videos using her mobile network rather than wifi.

There are two other options for getting the phone set up:

- skip the Google account setup. When it asks for Google account details it should say "Skip" at the bottom right of the screen. If you tap on that you can complete setup of the phone and set up the Google account later.

- create a new Google account. That is also an option on the same screen. It should only be necessary to do this if your daughter has forgotten the login details for her existing account and cannot recover them.

The phone will work fine without a Google account or with a different one. However, if she has bought any apps using her existing account she will have to buy them again if she can't get back into her account. Also, some apps use your Google account - Pokémon Go for example. If she can't get back into her Google account she will lose any progress she has made in Pokémon Go or similar apps.

Whohasnickedmyvodka Fri 30-Dec-16 10:32:40

I have reset the password but we still can't get passed the verification screen I think it's now done an frp she can only make emergency calls on the phone and WiFi is connected to our router the phone won't let me skip the Google set up

prh47bridge Fri 30-Dec-16 11:41:18

Emergency calls only suggests that either you haven't got a signal from the network your daughter is using or that the SIM card is faulty. Might be worth taking it out and putting it in again. If this was a second hand phone I guess it is just possible that it was originally locked to a different network and that the hard reset has restored the lock, but I don't know if that happens. Other than that a hard reset won't have any adverse effect on the phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now