Talk

Advanced search

ipads won't go on the internet

(5 Posts)

Hi. I wonder if anyone can tell me what the problem might be. We have a wireless network in the house and run a laptop, 2 ipads and a Samsung phone. Up to the last few days there has been no problem, although our rural internet fails quite often; it goes off and is back in a few minutes.
In the last couple of days, the ipads can't get on the internet, although the laptop, which I am using, is fine.
When we try to connect, it says 'choose a network', we click on the home network, it says 'connecting', then reverts to 'choose a network'. Sometimes it says it can't connect; generally it just shuttles between the two messages, without ever connecting.
Any ideas what could be the problem, if the laptop is fine but both ipads can't connect?
My phone works quite often ... but not always.

ALemonyPea Tue 27-Dec-16 15:57:50

If you click on the network, and then forget this network, then re-add the network with password it might help. Force close all apps as well.

WicksEnd Tue 27-Dec-16 16:06:49

Switch em off and on again. Whenever they glitch, it's always worth just switching them off.

I have tried the off and on ... but not forget network. Off to try ...

nannynick Sat 31-Dec-16 12:33:32

If you have still not resolved, one thing that sometimes helps is to assign fixed IP address using your router DHCP server. Though sometimes rebooting the router can be enough to get it to accept device connections.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now