Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kindle paperwhite and children

(10 Posts)
whydowedoit Thu 15-Dec-16 21:44:20

We have bought out two children Kindle Paperwhites for Christmas and am now trying to work out if I can link them to my Amazon account or they have to have their own (which I'd prefer them not to have).
Been reading about the Home Library and got my head around (I think) DH and I linking our accounts together but unsure if I can link my children's Kindles to our accounts.

dementedpixie Thu 15-Dec-16 22:32:24

Yes you can as my 2 kids have theirs linked to mine. You can have quite a few devices linked to one account.

whydowedoit Fri 16-Dec-16 10:30:41

Thank you dementedpixie smile

whydowedoit Fri 16-Dec-16 14:23:29

Setting it up now.
Is there a way that one child doesn't see the other child's profile and books?

DeepAndCrispAndEvenTheWind Fri 23-Dec-16 21:50:53

Not that I know of if both are on your account (essentially, Amazon assumes all the readers are you on multiple devices)

There are family accounts

dementedpixie Fri 23-Dec-16 22:03:21

When you buy a kindle book via Amazon website or the app then it asks you which device to send it to so it's not sent to all of them automatically. If you buy it from the actual kindle then I assume it is just sent to that individual device

DeepAndCrispAndEvenTheWind Fri 23-Dec-16 22:09:40

Oh yes, pixie is right. Use amazon to push books out not the devices to pull books in.

You can then set controls on the individual kindle so it can't download things. Otherwise all the items you buy are available in the archive.

SofiaAmes Fri 23-Dec-16 22:12:20

It's very very very poorly designed and clearly not tested by real users, but it can be done.
By the way, you can get a zillion ebooks for free from the library. I haven't purchased a book in years for me or the kids. Just check it out online and distribute to me or the kids' paperwhites.

handmademitlove Thu 29-Dec-16 09:00:15

If it is a new paperwhite it will have Kindle for kids settings. You can set up an account for each of them on your account and then you manage which books they are allowed access to. You need to enable it on their kindles as well.

HelenaJustina Thu 29-Dec-16 09:10:12

Kindle for Kids is fantastic. I've linked my child's to my account and it then removes internet access without inputting the parental control password. So they can't browse or buy new books independently. It tracks their progress, sets daily reading goals and other achievements. My DC aged 9 loves it, it has turned them from a reluctant reader into one who asked for vouchers to spend on e-books for Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now