Talk

Advanced search

Help with video format please

(7 Posts)
DearMrDilkington Mon 12-Dec-16 20:28:24

I recently got a DSLR camera and recorded dd in her nativity with it, I viewed it on the camera screen and it's all good. Until I get home and put the sd card in my tablet so I can send it to family, all the photos are fine but the bloody video won't play. It's a mov format and it's too long for the online converter things.

Anyone got an idea what to do?

DearMrDilkington Mon 12-Dec-16 20:29:49

Oh it won't play on my phone either! sad

Redactio Mon 12-Dec-16 20:34:26

Is it an android tablet? If so try MX player.

DearMrDilkington Mon 12-Dec-16 20:40:42

It's a Samsung - is that Android?blush

Redactio Mon 12-Dec-16 20:42:17

Samsung are andrioid. Download MX player or VLC player from the play store. Both of those cope with almost every video format.

YourOtherLeft Mon 12-Dec-16 20:45:49

I use VLC on both Android and Windows PC as my default movie player - it's free and plays pretty much everything. I've used MX Player for both in the past and that's pretty good too.

There are free programs and apps that can convert .mov files to .mp4 (pretty universal format). I use VidCoder free PC software, it's fairly straight-forward and has a built-in set of output defaults.

12thmonkey Wed 21-Dec-16 12:33:21

.mov is a quicktime file type developed by apple. What camcorder are you using to generate this kind of file ?

But yes a converter to mp4 would be a good idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now