Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!

(4 Posts)
AuldAlliance Sat 17-Feb-07 15:35:05

All the files in My Documents have vanished. Wiped out. Gone. All my work files (yes, some are on the backup drive and on CD-Rom, but quite a few are not, I know that's risky). How can this have happened?? My Internet provider, Orange (I live in France), automatically updated itself this morning into a hideous new version. Can there be a link? Is there any chance of recuperating any files? I'm desperate, I don't know how I'm going to catch up the lost work.

HandyTrinkett Tue 20-Feb-07 14:51:22

is it a work pc or a home one?
Could be your profile just got screwed and windows created a new one.. ...take a look in "c:\documents and settings" and see what's in the folders there...

NurseyJo Tue 20-Feb-07 14:53:32

Message withdrawn

AuldAlliance Tue 20-Feb-07 17:26:11

It's my own laptop. I've searched everywhere and there's nothing. My settings don't seem to have changed, other than that documents & settings is empty. I even tried some retrieval software a colleague sent and it found nothing either. Am resigned to having lost it all: the work is bad enough, but in years to come I'll cry more about all the photos of DS from the last 6 months.
Thanks for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now