Help iPod locked and forgotten passcode

(7 Posts)
whojamaflip Sat 19-Nov-16 20:19:53

Ds misplaced his iPod last Christmas (ten we thought it had been pinched by someone at our Christmas party sad) searched high and low for it but no sign so gave it up for lost.

Fast forward to yesterday and my youngest dd found it in the bottom of the dressing up box! Put it on charge and its come back to life!

Trouble is ds has forgotten the passcode - tried several times and it's now disabled. Have forced a restart and connected to iTunes which does all its restore and update stuff but then says its unable to connect to the iPod as its passcode locked sad

Not linked to our iCloud so can't restore that way and I can't find any other way to do it.

Any ideas oh wise mumsnetters on what to do next? flowers

AndNowItsSeven Sat 19-Nov-16 20:21:48

Do you want to restore it or just wipe it and re use it?

whojamaflip Sat 19-Nov-16 20:39:30

Just want to get into it!! Don't care to be honest if it's wiped and we lose anything - just want to be able to use it again.

Have tried the restore to factory setting but keeps telling me it can't do it without the passcode being entered sad

AndNowItsSeven Sat 19-Nov-16 20:54:22

If you wipe it using another Apple device via find my iPhone you can wipe it and generate a new password as youhavevthe device in front of you.

AndNowItsSeven Sat 19-Nov-16 20:56:13

Scroll down to restore with iCloud or you can scroll below that to restore recovery mode.

AndNowItsSeven Sat 19-Nov-16 20:56:20

support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204306

whojamaflip Sat 19-Nov-16 21:01:54

Problem is with trying to wipe it with iCloud find my iPhone is we have had a new internet router about 6 mths ago so the iPod isn't connected to the wifi so isn't being picked up by iCloud.

I've tried everything on that link unfortunately but nothing has worked - hence trying to find out if there was another way before I spend hours on with Apple tomorrow trying to get it unlocked.

Thank you for the ideas though flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now