Talk

Advanced search

MacBook Pro or Air?

(4 Posts)
LuciaInFurs Fri 18-Nov-16 09:45:25

I am hoping to buy DH an Apple laptop for Christmas. He is a photographer and will possibly be using Photoshop as he teaches A-Level art. Budget wise I've narrowed it down to a refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Dual-core Intel i5, a new pple MacBook Air Core i5 8GB 128GB SSD 13.3 Inch OS X 10.11 El Capitan Laptop or a refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Air 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5. They all come with a one year warranty.

My sister, who owns a MacBook, thought that the first one would be best but I'm concerned as it came out in 2012 and the others are a few years newer. The difference in price between them all is about £150 but I really want to get DH a nice Christmas gift. We've had an awful year.

I am useless with computers, I've had the same laptop for seven years so any help will be very much appreciated!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Fri 18-Nov-16 20:10:21

A macbook pro over an air. Although I would consider a Windows laptop as for the price you'd get a far better spec computer.

Look at the backlash of the 2016 macbook pro and why lots of people are disappointed with it- hopefully that'll set you on the right track.

YouWereAlwaysPerfect Fri 18-Nov-16 20:14:55

I would go with the MacBook Pro, I would also think about taking out insurance which includes accidental damage if you are buying from PCWORLD, I spilt a drink in mine a few months ago and without the insurance I took out I would have had to pay near to £550 to get it repaired.

LuciaInFurs Mon 21-Nov-16 09:33:06

Troll and Youwere Thank you so much! I did have a recommendation of the Dell Inspiron so I will look at that too. Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now