Talk

Advanced search

Consumer rights and Amazon, not happy at all :(

(6 Posts)
Ambitious1996 Sun 30-Oct-16 18:58:27

So almost 2 weeks ago I ordered a book on amazon as a birthday present for my little nephew. My payment was taken and the following day item was dispatched second class. Normally it only takes a few days. 14 days later I have still not received the book. My young nephew is very upset as we promised he would get it for his birthday but didn't . We have contacted the seller on Friday and got no reply.

Meanwhile since ordering the book the last few affordable copies are being sold leaving behind the ones costing over £40.
Further to rub salt into our wounds Amazon has refused to post our review which was an honest review of poor service, no exaggerating or bad language used at all just a reasonable review and Amazon had refused this.
Amazon is supposed to protect customers from unfair sellers not tell unsatisfied customers to shut up. It seems amazon would rather side with unreliable sellers instead of paying customers.

Has anyone else experienced such poor service from Amazon?

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 30-Oct-16 18:58:34

Am I the only one who can't see an op of this thread? There is just a title!

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 30-Oct-16 19:00:06

Oh I can see it now I've posted! How odd! Unfortunately nothing useful to add though, sorry op.

chipsandpeas Sun 30-Oct-16 19:03:36

you can file a a to z claim with the seller to get a refund,
i find amazon very good at dealing with issues like this tbh and will side with you one a claim has been made

CremeBrulee Sun 30-Oct-16 19:05:11

Have you received the book now or had a refund? It's not really Amazon you have an issue with, it's a marketplace seller by the sound of it. Where is the book being shipped from?

karalime Sun 30-Oct-16 19:15:36

Sellers should reply within 24 hours but to be fair, if they are a small business they are probably closed as it's the weekend so I would wait until Monday.

See what they say. If the item won't fit through the letterbox it could be at the delivery office so it's worth checking. Check that you have put the correct address in too.

Worst comes to the worst you will get your money back anyway because presumably it's untracked.

Parcels get delayed and lost all the time despite the best efforts of sellers, so there's no need to go batshit bitter at having to deal with increasingly hysterical buyers screeching that I did not immediately reply to the email they sent at 2am

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now