Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Accidentally deleted photos from SD card!

(9 Posts)
buckeejit Sun 30-Oct-16 01:16:06

Aargh-lots of photos taken today & they must've been selected when I was trying to delete old photos just off the iPad to make space, (had the sd card plugged in via camera shortcut lead). Will be so gutted if I can't recover them. Will try in the morning but I'm not a bright spark & may have deleted a few 'batches' since.

Please tell me all hope is not lost sad

buckeejit Sun 30-Oct-16 10:10:04

Bumping in case any morning people have a notion - tried card rescue but says no files found. Not convinced I'm doing it right but not many options available

Afo Sun 30-Oct-16 10:15:19

What device did you take the pictures off? Maybe a really silly question but are you linked to drop box or any type of cloud? I didn't realise for ages after I got my Samsung phone that my photos were big backed up to Google photos.

BoyGirlBoy3 Sun 30-Oct-16 10:24:33

Type "free sd recovery software" into search bar. Don't take any more photos on it, and don't format the sd card.

CharminglyGawky Sun 30-Oct-16 10:41:03

You should be able to get them back, deleting photos doesn't wipe the slate clean it just makes them sort of unprotected so the next time you use the card you overwrite them. A bit like those tab thingies that used to stop you from being able to recorded over VHS tapes.

DH deleted thousands once shock He found software online that recovered them, although we did have to have an emergency run to pc world to get a ds adapter as his pc doesn't have a ad slot and the software needed to ds card to be plugged in directly not via the camera for some reason.

Good luck.

buckeejit Sun 30-Oct-16 16:54:42

Thanks all-will try again when dc in bed. I deleted them while on the iPad when I just meant to delete old pics from the iPad, doh!

Sadly not linked to cloud sad

buckeejit Sun 30-Oct-16 20:52:58

Ah missed the bit earlier about needing to go straight into the pc-will try it at work tomorrow, thank you!

buckeejit Mon 31-Oct-16 09:46:32

Just fishing one last time for any advice - I've run the recover software but it hasn't found them all, typically just found the rubbish ones that I wanted deleted - used recuva. I think its just located the last batch of pics I deleted and the ones I want that I deleted in error were a batch before, i.e. 'accidental deletion, then import some photos, then purposeful deletion, possibly then import a few more.

Is there any hope or other programs that might search deeper? Thanks muchly

buckeejit Tue 01-Nov-16 07:20:25

Just in case anyone finds this in a search I recommend diskdigger-was my last attempt & recovered them all, woo hoo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now